Welcome to the Plainfield Library
Nurturing Young Readers, Informing Citizens & Helping Build Successful Enterprises
Librarian: Jane Juchems
Library Assistant: Keisha Hendry
Address: 723 Main St., Plainfield, IA
Phone & Fax: 319-276-4461
Monday Noon to 5 pm
Tuesday Noon to 5 pm
Wednesday 10 am to 6 pm
Friday Noon to 5 pm
Saturday 10 am to Noon
Opal Lynes ,Karin Thacker
Jeanette Pagel, Landon Williamson
Sammi Tolnai, Merrilee Fatland
Events and Happenings
Help Wanted - Library Director
Oversees management of the library collection, building, staff and services; carries out Library policies and advocates for the Library.
City of Plainfield Employee, reports to Board of Trustees, 27 hours per week
1. Financial-Monitors and stewards budget.
2. Advocacy-Shares Library story through multiple media.
3. Programming-Plans, coordinates library programs such as Story Hour & Movies.
4 .Collection-Keeps Library collection up to date with books/DVDs, etc..
5. Operations-Creates & maintains welcoming environment.
6. Communications-Effectively communicates with patrons, Board, City and State.
7. Facilities-Cleans & arranges for repairs.
8. Personnel & Board-Orients & trains Board and volunteers.
9. Education-Learns and teaches about Library management.
Requires HS diploma and completion of State Library Endorsement within one year of employment; strong communication and technology skills.
For full information: 319-276-4461 or
Send cover letter, resume & contact information for 3 references to: 723 Main Street, Plainfield IA 50666 or by February 5, 2021.
January 2021 Reopen Plan
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, services and programs will re-open in phases. January 1st we are open to the public with small groups (8 or less), social distancing and masks required. Please contact us by phone or email with questions and utilize our on online and curbside services. Requests for books or DVDs may be placed in the Lobby, if you choose to not enter the Library.
PAUSE STATUS- Friday Movies
PAUSE STATUS Wednesday Wonders
After-School Program offered during the school year.
PAUSE STATUS Story Hour- during the school year Wednesdays from 10 to11 AM, for 3-5 year-olds (younger children with parents/guardians) Join us for stories, crafts,and snacks. Registration materials are available at the Library.